Social Leadership Singapore (SLS) is a 15-day experiential and intense leadership training programme aimed at generating breakthroughs for the non-profit sector and at transforming participants that attend.
SLS is designed and conducted by Professor Dean Williams, a professor of leadership at Harvard University’s Kennedy School of Government and an adviser and coach to Chief Executive Officers, Prime Ministers and Presidents around the world. Dean’s leadership course at Harvard has been voted by alumni as the “most influential course” that they studied.
90% of SLS alumni rated the program as transforming, practical and highly relevant to their work. A survey among alumni in 2013 found that most continued to apply what they learned in their work.
"Leadership is not about a position of authority but an activity that every single one of us can participate in. Social Leadership Singapore is a one-of-a-kind programme that will challenge the way you view your role in your organisation and your country. Don't take my word for it, try it for yourself!" - Daniel Fung, Chairman, Medical Board Office, Institute of Mental Health Singapore
WHO SHOULD APPLY?
SLS is for Executive Directors, Senior Managers, Directors and Chairman/Board Members in non-profit organisations, government organisations and/or socially responsible companies.
Applicants should possess the following:
- A bold vision and the commitment to make a difference
- Strong personal values
- A sphere of influence
- The willingness to learn in a challenging and confrontative environment
- A desire to be a dynamic change agent for their sector
WHAT PARTICIPANTS WILL LEARN
- How to provide leadership for strengthening the social and cultural fabric of society and making an extraordinary difference to the well-being of the nation.
- Valuable strategies and tools on how to harness resources and mobilise people to face demanding challenges and accomplish desired aims.
- To reflect on your current leadership performance, and develop new and more powerful ways of exercising leadership as it pertains to managing your organisation, mobilising volunteers, and generating desired results.
- Enhance your capacity to diagnose, frame and provide leadership for the different kinds of adaptive challenges that must be addressed, such as the development challenge, transition challenge, maintenance challenge, creative challenge, activist challenge, and crisis challenge.
- Develop a deeper grasp of the complexity and interdependence of all parts of society as it pertains to their area of concern and contribution.
- How to increase your capacity for cross-sector collaboration and support.
- Develop a greater awareness of how personal values, philosophies, biases and self-knowledge influence one’s leadership style and approach, and determine what in your style and approach might need to be modified or changed.
SLS is a 15-day training programme held over 5 months from May to September 2017.
Briefing: April 18 (Tue), 3pm
Part 1: Real Leadership and Adaptive Work - May 15, 16, 17 (Mon - Wed)
Part 2: Intervention and the Mobilisation Process - June 19, 20, 21 (Mon - Wed)
Part 3: The Personal Work of Leadership - July 17, 18, 19 (Mon - Wed)
Part 4: Site Visits and Consultation Sessions - August 16, 17, 18 (Wed - Fri)
Part 5: Leading Wisely into the Future - September 18, 19, 20 (Mon - Wed)
The first workshop (May 15 - 17) is mandatory as it sets the foundation for the rest of the programme. Applicants are advised to check their availability to attend the full programme beforehand.
The full cost of the SLS programme is $11,900. NVPC makes sponsorship available for non-profit organisations of up to 90%.
For queries relating to the Social Leadership Singapore programme, please contact Susan Ng at 6536 8860 or email her at email@example.com
For queries relating to NVPC's non-profit sponsorships, please contact Stacey Loh at 6550 9579 or email her at firstname.lastname@example.org
SLS 2017 Brochure
SLS 2017 Registration Form