- 1. What is NVPC’s mission/vision?
- A Giving Nation.
- Our dream of a #CityofGood shapes what we do, which is to help people and organisations give well to causes they care about, so more who are in need can benefit. We seek to inspire a giving nation where giving is inscribed in the hearts of each citizen; nurturing a way of life where the purposeful giving of time, talent and treasure is second nature.
- 2. What does NVPC do?
- We work with non-profit organisations, companies and public sector bodies to facilitate and strengthen giving in Singapore, whether of time, money or in-kind. NVPC is an independent, non-profit organisation.
- 3. How can a member of the public be involved with NVPC?
- General Volunteer, Donate or Read about causes that need your support on giving.sg (www.giving.sg). Non-profits can sign up on giving.sg to connect to givers and corporates and bring more impact to the cause of volunteerism. Visit our website to find out more about: leadership courses, room booking facilities, New Initiative Grants, and more. For corporates the Company of Good framework driven by the Corporate Giving team can give you insights on sustained and impactful giving. Please visit the “Corporates” section in the NVPC website for more information.
- 4. How does NVPC get its funding?
- We receive some government funding to cover the costs of our operations. At the same time we also actively seek funds for our many pioneering programmes and initiatives.
- 5. Who does NVPC work with?
- We work mainly with other non-profits, companies, schools, public sector bodies and individuals.
- 6. How is NVPC different from the other charities or voluntary welfare organisations?
- We support charities and non-profits from across the sector, including but not limited to those from the arts, environment, health, sports and social services sectors. NVPC is a capacity builder – we work with other organisations to strengthen their giving efforts. We aim to strengthen civil society in Singapore.
- 7. Can anyone donate direct to NVPC’s programmes and initiatives?
- Yes. We accept direct donations and also via giving.sg. We are also happy to meet interested parties to explain more about the work we do.
- 8. Who are NVPC’s beneficiaries?
- NVPC’s work is mainly upstream and developmental in nature which means that our beneficiaries are other non-profits, companies interested in corporate giving, and institutions like schools.
Meet Like Minded People
Find volunteering opportunities & NPO partners
Company of Good
Company of Good Fellowship
Champions of Good
Corporate Giving Advisory Council