Corporate Giving Team Information
Corporate Giving Team’s belief and mantra is that ”Goodness is the Business of Every Organisation.” Our role is to build a culture of Giving amongst each corporation and public sector organisation in Singapore. We aim to do this by bringing corporations and organisations to begin a journey of Giving or to enhance their journey by becoming leaders and multipliers of Giving.
Our primary programmes include the Company of Good, the Corporate Giving Advisory Council, Business Leaders Giving Network, Corporate Giving Practitioners’ Network and Public Sector Giving Practitioners’ Network.
#1: Company of Good
The National Volunteer & Philanthropy Centre (NVPC) and Singapore Business Federation Foundation (SBFF) will be launching a Company of Good for Corporate Giving in April 2016.
The Company of Good for Corporate Giving is a national framework that guides companies on how to give and give better.
A) Duties & Responsibilites
You will be responsible to:
• Undertake desktop research to identify emerging global trends and key issues affecting the Singapore national fabric. Understand how these come together to shape the Future of Giving in Singapore, and how they can help to mitigate pockets of social needs in Singapore
• Undertake desktop research to identify existing policy frameworks and initiatives relating to giving in Singapore. This may include comparative research on giving-related policies such as tax policy in other countries.
• Review existing frameworks on Volunteerism among government agencies in Singapore and identify best practices and gaps
• Strong skills in desktop research
• Lateral thinker, with an ability to synthesize a wide range of information
• Avid interest in social issues and social policy, especially in the area of volunteerism, philanthropy or social entrepreneurship
• Fluency in written and spoken English
• Undergraduate specialising in Sociology, Psychology, Economics or other social science discipline
D) Internship Period:
• May to July 2016
Learning and experiences that you will acquire from this internship:
• Learn & acquire knowledge about Corporate Giving and the landscape in Singapore
• Learn about the community needs and gaps in Singapore
• Learn how to connect, network and work with corprates
• Exposure to marketing
• Experience in portal operation support
• Gain reporting analysis skills and knowledge
How to Apply
• Please email your resume to email@example.com
• Only shortlisted candidates will be notified