Opportunities @ NVPC
Director, Corporate Giving
NVPC’s Corporate Giving team exists to drive, grow and engender a spirit of giving amongst corporations and public sector organisations throughout Singapore. Its mission is “To inspire, facilitate and move all organisations in Singapore to give well”.
“Good giving is quality giving done with the right intent.”
The team will work with key stakeholders, including corporates (MNCs, GLS, SMEs) business associations, industry bodies, the public sector and government agencies to:-
(a) Develop strategies to build an eco-system,
(b) Develop platform-based networks, towards community building and magnifying the impact of strategic multipliers, and
(c) Provide policy advice and influence on national policies.
The team will create, oversee and implement projects, platforms and strategies that can educate best and innovative corporate giving practices, catalyse and enable innovative and impactful corporate giving programmes, advocate the value and necessity of corporate giving to the broader Singapore audience and engender the spirit of giving amongst all Singapore corporations and public sector organisations.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Lead / direct the team to develop and execute strategies and impactful corporate giving initiatives to achieve the team’s mission - strategies and initiatives that will:-
- engage and inspire corporations and organisations to begin or improve their giving journey,
- develop and provide the tools, resources, platforms and forums to educate them on how to do so,
- drive the development of the means to facilitate easier giving and
- guide and mentor the team so that they learn and grow professionally and talent is developed for NVPC.
- The director will oversee the successful execution of the initiatives established for the Corporate Giving Team – coordination of the team and its work plans; management and allocation of the resources to enable completion of the initiatives.
- Represent Corporate Giving on the senior Leadership Team of NVPC to lead the NVPC organisation in strategizing and developing the right strategies, initiatives and organizational construct to achieve NVPC’s vision of a ‘Giving Nation’.
- Represent NVPC as the lead advocate for the national corporate and public sector giving agenda through speaking at industry events, networking with the industry leaders, practitioners and organisations.
- Direct the team and establish the team direction and goals. Coach staff, ensure opportunities for staff development and oversee decisions in hiring, disciplinary actions, performance management. Resolve employee relations issues. Promote and ensure diversity plan.
- At least a bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Public Relations, Corporate Communications or its equivalent.
- At least 8-10 years of working experience at a management position in a variety of sectors, preferably with successful track records of leading and creating CSR initiatives and partnership development.
- At least 5 years of proven people management experience of a team of at least five people.
- Knowledge of non-profit landscape, corporate philanthropy, CSR and skills-based volunteering will be an added advantage.
- Experience with multi-lateral engagement with key stakeholder groups including but not limited to corporations, government agencies and ministries, non-profit organisations and individuals/entities of influence.
- Excellent ability to develop high-profile, influential, and collaborative relationships across teams, functions and layers.
- Effective project management experience.
- Sound judgment and ability to contribute meaningfully to the determination of policy and strategy.
- Strong leadership in creating a dynamic environment oriented towards excellence, establishing future direction, and creating a culture of success.
- Ability to establish a strategic and independent view, make significant decisions impacting the organization and motivate others.
- Able to navigate between the strategic and operational aspects of the work.
- Passionate about the social sector and engendering a spirit of giving throughout Singapore.
- Gregarious and team-oriented.
- Passionate people developer, looking to help build the careers of team members.
How to Apply
- Please email your resume, stating current and expected salary to email@example.com
- Only shortlisted candidates will be notified.
Opportunities @ CFS
Meet Like Minded People
Find volunteering opportunities & NPO partners
Company of Good
Corporate Giving Advisory Council