Opportunities @ NVPC
The candidate will be responsible for the smooth operation and implementation of communications strategies, public relations activities and media engagement and monitoring. This includes managing and designing content for communications through media engagement and media spokespersons, ensuring consistency in messages across NVPC’s digital assets/media, Giving.sg, websites etc., rolling out publicity for NVPC’s key initiatives and providing communications support to the different teams in NVPC, directly promoting the giving agenda and supporting the promotion of the giving agenda.
He/she should be passionate about the sector, have experience or knowledge of the sector and believe in the importance of NVPC’s role and work in the sector. The candidate will ensure articulation of NVPC’s desired image and position, its consistent communication throughout the organization, and its effective communication to all constituencies, both internal and external.
The candidate should demonstrate leadership capability and characteristics of leadership, such as being able to model behaviour and coach others for success. He/she should be able to anticipate conflicts and facilitate resolutions, with guidance and advice from relevant parties.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Responsible for co-creating, implementing and measuring the success of a comprehensive communications and PR programme and plan to enhance NVPC’s image and position within the marketplace and the general public and that will facilitate internal and external communications and all of NVPC’s PR activities and materials including publications, media relations and stakeholder engagement.
- Responsible for smooth day-to-day corporate communications functions such as news monitoring, events reporting (seasonal), compiling content and/or resources, handling media queries and requests and ensuring that NVPC’s website and other digital content channels are updated and current.
- Responsible for success in organising media conferences and/or facilitating interviews and queries including developing the suite of collaterals and literature needed to host a media conference, preparing spokespersons for interviews and responding to the media requests and queries.
- Working with key stakeholders in NVPC to support their communications needs for projects or campaigns so that the messaging and branding are aligned.
- Ability to identify, create and aggregate content within and in the landscape so that NVPC can offer its view, be heard, be seen and be a role model to develop partnerships and collaborations to achieve our vision of “A Giving Nation”. Ensure that NVPC is plugged in to societal issues and concerns.
- Savviness with different communications media and understanding the importance of the messaging medium in reaching the target audience.
- Competent in working with diverse stakeholders to present plans, map out the strategy and/or guide the process of a communications approach.
- At least a bachelor’s degree preferably in Public Relations, Marketing, Journalism or Communications.
- Minimum 5 years of working experience in PR and communications-related work, with experience serving various stakeholders in the public service, corporate and/or non-profit sectors.
- Adept at writing for various genres, especially corporate communications. Preferably effectively bi-lingual.
- Savvy with strategic communications and/or community relations, media engagement. Understand how to work well with the key stakeholders such as journalists, senior spokespersons, story sources in the content and amplification matrix.
- Able to confidently present, communicate and articulate ideas and plans in meetings, discussions and conferences.
- Proficiency in working on online and offline publications.
- Graphic communications skills such as putting out a communications piece in an infographics or visual format is an advantage.
- Able to present during media interviews where necessary.
- Positive can-do attitude with a strong sense of initiative.
- Meticulous and hawk-eyed about details especially in proofreading, editing and/or statistical analysis.
- Adaptable team player and team leader.
- Not afraid to play the devil’s advocate in discussions while being able to speak up respectfully with suggestions and solutions.
- Able to work with various levels of stakeholders and manage the role and scope well with clear deliverables.
- Systematic and structured especially in project management – respects deadlines and submissions.
How to Apply
· Please email your resume, stating current and expected salary to email@example.com
· Only shortlisted candidates will be notified.
Opportunities @ CFS
Meet Like Minded People
Find volunteering opportunities & NPO partners
Company of Good
Corporate Giving Advisory Council